DescriptionOur client – one of the oldest and most reputed family in the Kingdom of Bahrain (http://www.bahrain.com/) – is offering the opportunity to work in a tax-free and multicultural environment. The family owns a number of affiliates in many diverse sectors (Retail, F&B, FMCG and Real Estate). The family has been in business for over 100 years in the Kingdom. There is an opportunity to grow professionally by working closely with stakeholders.
Currently the company is looking for an honest, dependable, and hardworking CHIEF ACCOUNTANT who will be responsible for managing 6 Accountants. The candidate must be experienced with using and implementing Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP, and preferably also LS Retail (not mandatory).
The Company offers exciting challenges and opportunities to:
- Fulfil your desire to improve, learn new things and grow rapidly
- Improve your leadership skills
- Handle an entire finance and accounting role e.g. accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, forecasting, budgeting
- Responsibility for day to day finance and accounts operations, checking clearing accounts and daily journal entries for accuracy, and for maintaining and reconciling ledger accounts
- Perform month-end-closing procedures
- Assist in the preparation of financial work papers for fiscal year-end
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, annual budget reports
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and support for management (aged inventory, pricing, product profitability, return on assets, cash flow, acquisition due diligence etc.)
- Keep up to date analyses of capital expenditures
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions
- Assist departments with performance improvement initiatives
- Become a proficient user of LS Retail management software
- Be a key part of the team responsible for implementing Navision in the company
- Conduct internal and field audits, as well as prepare external audits
- Supervise cash flow operations
- Strengthen your budgeting and cost management skills
- Gain a competitive remuneration package
- University Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ or related field
- Professional accounting qualification
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting, out of which at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Experience in Retail industry
- Working experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP 2015 system
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to work with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Able to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Has proven management skills
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels, across the subsidiaries (if necessary) as well as cross-functionally
- Has strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
If this opportunity sounds like a possible career move for you, please send us your resume at email@example.com, quoting "Chief Accountant" in the subject line or you can apply via our website. Your confidentiality is guaranteed.
Please Note: only those who meet the requirements entirely will be contacted and invited for an interview.